Our client is a leading plastic manufacturing company. They are now looking for a Laboratory Supervisor to join their team.
- Handling color matching (day-to-day operation).
- Being responsible for raw material evaluation (Pigment, Wax, Additive).
- Building and maintaining color computer database and inventory of raw material used for color matching.
- Handling color sample request.
- Being responsible for pilot scale trial support.
- Handling technical documentation.
- Handling quality control support for color production - color correction.
- Being responsible for the technical analysis support, complaint, laboratory request, and research and development.
- Well-organized and able to work independently to meet datelines.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in color matching and polymers.
- Knowledge of plastic colorants.
- Knowledge of Engineering Thermoplastic and Polyolefin.
- Knowledge of basic color match of pigments & dyes/ polyblends/ masterbatch/ compounding concepts and property calculations. Preferably experience in color matching/ formulating colors for engineering plastics like PA6, 66, PC, PMMA, ABS, PBT, POM, TPU, SAN ETC.
- Work with milling and molding, extrusion, and thin/thick film equipment and/or other thermoplastic application.
- Knowledge of Uses Computers and Spectrophotometers for color predictions, arranging and calculating adjustments.
- Quality control of color matches reworks and off colors.