City: Laem Chabang
Reliability Director (Hardware Product Solutions)
At Celestica, we value quality above all else. We are committed to raising the bar and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- We never settle. With an uncompromising focus on quality, we deliver industry-leading products and services that meet all applicable customer, statutory and regulatory requirements on time, every time.
- We leverage our leadership. We apply our leadership in technology and manufacturing to drive the relentless pursuit of defect-free performance.
- We are nimble problem solvers. Our customers’ needs and conditions are constantly evolving. We quickly adapt to change and drive unique value for our customers through continual improvement and the elimination of waste.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standard. We’re committed to improving and maintaining an effective quality management systems as a framework for setting quality objectives that support the company’s strategic direction.
We are currently seeking a Director of Reliability - Hardware Product Solutions to be the Reliability Segment lead associated with Celestica’s own designed, joint designed, and manufactured product solutions.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring that consistent, effective and practical reliability systems are developed, implemented and maintained across key functional groups. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for co-defining and implementing standard key performance indicators that support this effort, along with a management system that systematically identifies, reports, contains and resolves non-conformities with a sustainable outcome. The successful candidate will communicate with customer leadership on global, regional and site-specific quality strategies, and will report quality status and progress to the applicable business units and operational leadership teams. This individual will be responsible for management of reliability systems and the reliability design/assurance strategy as well as directing tactical execution of end-to-end product life cycle management deliverables within the reliability functions. In addition, this role will support corporate audit activities, corporate training programs and will work with Quality metrics. This position will report to the Global VP of Quality.
- Work with cross functional teams in supply chain management, warranty, legal, finance to provide information on reliability projections, reliability returns, and potential reliability risks.
- Identify critical or high-risk components that affect reliability.
- Create and analyze component, printed circuit board assembly, and motor drive level reliability models for design and predictive maintenance using Monte Carlo simulations and physics of failure techniques.
- Analyze field data to identify potential reliability issues on previous generation products using Weibull analyses and reliability growth models.
- Lead Design Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (DFMEAs) and track completion of actions.
- Design and manage the execution of reliability tests to identify potential weakness in new product design, and work with cross functional team to plan post test actions.
- Design and manage the execution of component and product level reliability demonstration tests and ORT.
- Review electronic component derating calculations and assist engineers in developing solutions if violations occur.
- Generate design specifications, guidelines, and checklists to ensure reliability knowledge is captured for future designs.
- Obtain and if needed, create, engineering tools that help automate the design for reliability processes
- Demonstrate excellent technical, oral, and written communication skills, and work effectively in a team environment. Participate in project planning and assume responsibility for timely completion of tasks.
- Stay up to date with advancements in reliability concerns and models for Celestica electronics used in their targeted applications and assist in developing technology road maps for the business.
- Assist the cross functional team in understanding any reliability issues in the field.
- Apply design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and design for reliability (DFR) principles for robust design.
- Follow company and business policies and procedures.
- M.S. Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Materials, or Reliability Engineering
- Strong leadership and influence skills within a highly matrixed global environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both internally and externally
- Outstanding relationship management and interpersonal skills with ability to motivate, lead, and manage in a matrix environment
- Knowledge of design for reliability techniques such DFMEA, Weibull analyses, including basic statistics and probability.
- Awareness of reliability modeling, statistical and probability techniques
- Knowledge of all testing methods.
- Skilled in physics of failure for electronics.
- Expertise in Design for Six Sigma principals and Monte Carlo simulation.
- Proficiency of ReliaSoft Tools (Weibull++, ALTA Pro, BlockSim) or a similar software
- Familiarity with basic measurement techniques and tools such as digital multi-meters, thermocouples, data loggers, etc. Skilled in basic electronics failure analysis
- Able to plan and initiate failure analysis and drive failures to root cause and corrective action.
- Able to publish qualification reports and all relevant documentation both internally and with end customers. Perform advanced reliability modeling estimation across varying usage and operating life conditions.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with ability to conduct complex data analysis, detailed status charts, reports and presentations
- Thorough understanding of validation principles and testing procedures with solid analytical, statistical and problem solving skills
- Ability to utilize external network of consultants, associations and other companies for gathering of business intelligence, trends and benchmarking
- Biased toward hands-on action and committed to delivering results
- Strong knowledge of reliability regulations and standards
- 40-60% regional and international travel
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: CLS) is a US$5.6 billion global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver the most advanced design, engineering and manufacturing expertise for their highly sophisticated and complex products. From advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next-generation hardware solutions for the Cloud, at Celestica we manage the complexity for our customers and set the bar for quality and reliability in their markets. Our customer portfolio includes leaders in the enterprise computing, communications, aerospace and defense, industrial, smart energy, healthtech and semiconductor markets. Headquartered in Toronto, our global network spans 13 countries with 26,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.