Our client is one of the most well-known brand owners and distributors of electrical equipment and medical devices with its HQ located in Japan. For many years they have developed high technology medical devices and distributed throughout Thailand. Now, they are aiming to expand their team to become the leader in the market.
- Giving advice to senior management and business unit colleagues on legal risks and best practices for commercial transactions and corporate matters.
- Participating in board and/or executive committee meetings, and on other corporate working groups.
- Developing and implementing contract templates and associated processes to ensure efficient and effective delivery and consumption of legal services while protecting the Company's risk profile.
- Ensuring compliance with the law and internal corporate policies.
- Working closely with HR, Finance, Medical Affairs, and Compliance colleagues to maintain a strong control environment.
- Remaining current with applicable laws and regulations impacting the relevant industries as well as the company's activities.
- Proactively identifying risks impacting the company and educating business units on risks and recommending appropriate mitigation measures.
- Reviewing, negotiating, and drafting agreements on behalf of the Company on a variety of business and transactional matters.
- Ensuring all contracts further the business plan of the product group and accurately reflect the business terms agreeable senior management and consistent with the risk profile of the organization.
- Adopting and implementing OCAP Legal Department standards and best practices.
- Assisting in facilitating and monitoring litigation on behalf of the company, coordinating with OCAP Legal Department, and assisting outside counsel retained for purposes of the particular litigation and reporting on the progress of the litigation to OCAP management.
- Providing legal support to management on a variety of commercial and corporate transactional subjects to minimize legal exposure (including but not limited to advice regarding corporate governance, intellectual property, antitrust, healthcare, labor and employment, litigation, regulatory and other matters).
- Researching legal subjects to prepare and make recommendations, including the memorandum of advice to Regional Head of Legal.
- Conducting training and education or oversees it on major legal risk areas, privacy and data protection, corporate policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring that business units and subordinate Legal Counsels maintain awareness of major developments in the laws and regulations affecting the Company's operations.
- Exhibiting all corporate and divisional expectations of people leaders to include, but not be limited to developing employees, managing employee performance/engagement, promoting continuous improvement, managing department business/communications, driving organizational alignment, selecting/retaining talent, and consistently modeling excellence, integrity, and accountability.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Male or Female, aged 30+ years old.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law.
- 5 years above commercial and corporate transactional experience with a law firm and in-house legal department.
- A lawyer's license is required.
- Notarial Service Certificate is a plus.